Academic libraries are continuously exploring different methods on how to reach and meet the needs of not only “traditional” students but also target communities to provide a sense of diversity and inclusion.
• Andrade and Hazlitt will talk about a pilot project to offer basic computer classes to facilities staff at LMU.
• Dawes will illustrate how a Culturally Responsive pedagogy is used to teach ethical use of information in a seminar for International Students.
• Romero will discuss collaboration between LATTC library and their ChildDevelopment Center to facilitate lifelong learning and love for libraries.
• Umetsubo will share the process of creating and developing library instruction videos by incorporating indigenous students' input as part of her research project.
• Wong will discuss how to adapt library engagement activities for a trade school culture that values practicality, applied education, and workplace readiness.